Let the warmth of this breakfast crumble comfort you, with its crisp, crunchy topping and aromatic baked pears.
Spiced Pear Breakfast Crumble
By Louise Robinson
Total cooking time: 30 minutes
What you’ll need:
- Crumble Topping
- 3 tbsps Special K Original Cereal
- ½ tbsp raw coconut flakes
- 3 tbsps jumbo oats
- 1 ½ tbsps buckwheat flour
- ½ tbsp milled or ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- To serve
- Greek yogurt (optional)
What you’ll do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C / fan 180C˚/ 375˚F.
2. Place the chopped pears, lemon juice, maple syrup and ground cinnamon in small ovenproof dish and stir to combine.
3. Add the coconut flakes, jumbo oats, Special K Original Cereal, buckwheat flour, milled or ground flaxseed, coconut palm sugar and sliced almonds to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add the melted coconut oil to the crumble mixture and stir again to combine thoroughly.
5. Spoon the crumble topping of the pears and place the dish in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the pears are soft and bubbling.
6. Serve warm or cold, with a dollop of Greek yogurt if desired.
Recipe courtesy of greatbritishchefs.com
In the UK, Special K Cereals & Cereal Bars (excluding Biscuit Moments) contain ≥ 15% of the nutrient reference value of vitamins B3, B6 and B9, which contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Enjoy as part of a varied & balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. This statement applies to Special K Cereals & Cereal Bars in the UK only. Special K products in other countries may differ.